Circulation & Readership

Circulation

On average, 8,000 copies are printed every month, which has translated in the past to a BPA audited circulation of over 7,000 a month. The circulation is a mixture of prime subscribers, bulk subscribers and geographically circulated copies by way of the hospitality and aviation sectors.

Circulation Methodology

BusinessF1 restricts the supply of its magazine to members of the motorsport community and to the people who work across the sports industry. The readership is divided 50/50 between motorsports and general sports. It is a global magazine with no particular emphasis on any one country. 90 per cent of its readers are split almost equally between the UK, Europe and North America, with the remaining 10 per cent spread over the rest of the world. BusinessF1 contains non-public information and it is not on sale to the general public. The distribution policy is highly focused and to protect its position, a premium cover price is charged. It also serves to ensure a large pass-on readership. An element of BusinessF1’s circulation is distributed by bulk methods to qualifying exhibitions, conferences and the paddocks of international race meetings, which means every issue has a rolling readership.

Type Breakdown

  • Controlled
    0%
  • Bulk
    0%
  • Group Sales
    0%
  • Subscribers
    0%

Readership methodology

Each copy of the magazine is estimated to be read by an average of seven readers a copy - double the normal average of a typical trade and business magazine. It is a magazine that is truly read fully by its subscribers, with most readers admitting that they spend more than an hour on each issue every month and a much higher number of readers admitting to reading it cover-to-cover, when compared to the average trade magazine.

Audited Circulation

The original BusinessF1 was a member of BPA International, the largest auditor of periodicals in the world, and it will apply for membership again. BPA is the only true international auditor and it is recognised as having the toughest qualification procedures. From a regular print run of 8,000 copies, the official audited circulation of the original BusinessF1 was 7,061 copies, of which 6,332 are classified (prime) and 729 are unqualified (subprime).

Geographic Breakdown

  • 0%
    United Kingdom
  • 0%
    Europe
  • 0%
    Asia Pacific
  • 0%
    Rest of the World
  • 0%
    North America
  • 0%
    South America

TYPICAL READER BREAKDOWN
(based on BusinessF1 July 2006 Vol 4 Issue 7)

Advertising Agencies 81 1.15%
Aviation 149 2.05%
Construction 18 0.26%
Consultants 198 2.82%
Driver Managers 54 0.77%
Educational Establishments 72 1.03%
Engineering Companies 681 9.67%
Formula One Circuits 45 0.64%
Formula One Sponsors 324 4.64%
Formula One Suppliers 72 1.02%
Formula One Teams 493 7.00%
Finance 252 3.57%
General Circuits 144 2.04%
General Motorsport 1268 17.94%
General Sponsors 150 2.05%
Governing Bodies 216 3.07%
Hospitality Suppliers 69 0.97%
Marine/Yachting 38 0.46%
Marketing/PR 306 4.34%
Media 361 5.12%
Miscellaneous Trades 363 55.15%
Motor Industry 285 4.04%
Private Individuals 558 7.92%
Legal/Accounting Professions 93 1.32%
Sponsorship Agencies 648 9.20%
Sport Management 36 0.51%
Transport/Logistics 33 0.48%
Travel 54 0.77%
TOTAL 7,061 100%

TYPICAL COUNTRY BREAKDOWN
(based on BusinessF1 July 2006 Vol 4 Issue 7)

Germany 470 6.69%
Italy 415 5.89%
United Kingdom 1,675 23.79%
North America 1,565 21.67%
South America 315 4.48%
Rest of Europe 1,100 15.52%
Asia 1,040 14.71%
Other 521 7.25%
TOTAL 7,061 100%

Job Title Breakdown

  • 0%
    Vice President/Director
  • 0%
    President/Managing Director
  • 0%
    White Collar Management
  • 0%
    Blue Collar
  • 0%
    Senior Management below director level
  • 0%
    Chairman/CEO

If you would like to discuss how you can work with BusinessF1 to develop your business,
please contact our team on +44 1604 698882

s2Member®
Scroll to Top